I almost started this blog post with the phrase “in these trying times”, but then stopped myself, because I think we have all read that phrase Way. Too. Many. Times. (Who’s with me?) Instead I will say that our new reality doesn’t allow for the same kinds of celebrations, and multiple trips to the store to browse for the perfect gift for Mom. Not only that, many face financial insecurity and job loss, and simply can’t afford what they used to.
If you’re in this boat, don’t feel pressured to buy anything from this post, even though we did our best to find things that are mostly under $30. There are free or almost free gift ideas, like dropping off a meal / dessert, having the grandkids make a craft, making a wildflower bouquet, all of these are great ways to show her you care. Your mom who worries about you, won’t want you spending too much money anyway if she knows you can’t!
The gifts below are all under $50 and are from small businesses, most of whom are relying on curbside pickup or online orders. Better yet - the presents are actually GREAT, well thought out, and made from quality materials. We compiled this list to really be the best of both worlds - inexpensive, yet still awesome and supportive of small business owners and natural products. Win, win, win...WIN!
- Self Care Box: Our self care box is a mainstay of our business, and was launched for Mother’s Day a couple of years ago. We partnered with withSimplicity, a small batch organic skincare and makeup maker from Virginia to bring you a simply wonderful self-care treat for Mom or anyone you know. A full size Eucalyptus Mint Candle (100% soy wax), a candle sample pack, a Lavender Bath Bomb (made with essential oils), Dead Sea Mud Mask, and a Botanical Facial Steam. It’s our spa-in-a-box that will last more than one routine. Use code MOTHERSDAY15 by 5/10/2020 11:59 EST to get 15% off ANY order, including our candles! Offer may not be combined with any other sale, promotion, discount, code, coupon and/or offer.
- Pedi To Go: With summer around the corner, but most nail salons around the country closed, get your Mom the next best thing - a set to get her feet summer ready! This four piece set is a thoughtful gift for mom, made with tea tree and peppermint essential oils!
- Sun & Moon Necklace: Tell Mom you love her more than the Sun and the Moon with this chic necklace from our very own Intro Boutique here in Cleveland. The necklace is handmade in Canada, and adds that minimalist vibe to any outfit.
- Mother’s Day Floral Bundle: The most expensive product on our list - but for good reason, and a phenomenal value. Made by withSimplicity, this completely natural set is infused with botanical and floral extracts. There are no shortcuts in these full size products: Floral Mineral Bath Salts, Skin Calming Bath Tea, Hydra-Lift | Pro-Age Hyaluronic Acid & Rose Hip Oil Sheet Mask, Mini Face Steam, and Solid Lotion Tube.
- Tea Time Gift Box: This box is from Refined Gifting, run by Lauren from Lima, Ohio, who specializes in gift boxes for any occasion. This cozy Tea Time Box comes in a cute gift basket and contains Earl Grey Supreme tea sachets, mug, notepad, and tea towel. It’s a perfect cozy gift that looks like it cost way more!
I hope these have been helpful in your gift buying process, and I hope your Mother’s Day is full of love and joy!